Monday, June 22, 2009

STRAWBERRY DAYS

Ryan after the wild cow milking... they took second place again, but then disqualified because once Robbie ran back to the judges with his milk bottle in hand, their cow was chasing him and once she finally reached him, plowed him right over and the bottle filled with mud.  They had a blast and we think they did great, it was hilarious in the mud!  Towards the end of the rodeo Bella was getting kind-of fussy so I was standing at the bottom of the bleachers with her when the rodeo clown saw her and grabbed her "would you look at this, she is the cutest little individual at the rodeo tonight"  She sat there for a second then just started to cry, but it was cute.  I didn't have my camera on me and I'm bummed I missed the picture.

here is Zane after the mutton bustin'.  He was really excited to go, he hit his head on the gate right as the sheep ran out and soon feel off.  He got a pretty good goose egg and told me, "that stupid guy only opened the gate half way"  "and I'm only crying because I really wanted the trophy!"  
Saturday night rodeo.  It had been raining all afternoon, we decided to still go and it didn't rain at all for the rest of the night!  Here are the kids before the mutton bustin'. 


after the parade we went to the Edwards Family Reunion, and sadly no, Lavell was not there.  The boys had fun and won sacks of candy from racing.


{day five}  Oh Saturday... We got up early to go place our chairs out for the parade then Amber let my boys hang out with her while I went to the High School to Judge the parade, after judging I had to find my family because the parade route had changed a bit, and it was not passing by us.  Then rain had stopped as soon as it started but then got pretty bad and with wind right towards the end so we left before the parade finished.  We then went to Taco Amigo to enjoy lunch and of course fresh strawberry shakes.  
Bella and I got ready for the Rodeo to meet up with daddy, but we ended up not going because he was still traveling home from Vegas.




later that day we went to the new Lindon pool, it was a lot of fun, its a great pool for kids!
noah and zane got their faces painted, Zane of course is spider-man, Noah, can you tell what Noah has painted on his face...neither can we, it was supposed to be a bat
{day four} Huck Finn Day...much more crowded than ever before but still a great time, kids love it!  

The rodeo that night was fun, it rained a few times, thankfully we remembered umbrellas.  Ryan, his brother and Rakellys brother took second in the Wild Cow Milking, which meant we got to go back Saturday night for the finals.







We then went to the children's parade,  it was kind-of a joke...Rakelly and I were just laughing wondering why we wanted to go in the rain, with six kids and carrying their bikes, but they did get a stamp for rodeo admission once we finally finished.  Zane did a very good job entertaining  the parade goers(all 30 of them)  He would wave, throw them a lasso, then shoot guns and was as serious as can be...I was laughing so hard.
{day three} We took Bella to the baby contest and entered in the "princess" category, I even glittered her toes.  I think she is the cutest little princess I've ever seen!
{day two}  concert in the park, with strawberries and cream.  Weather was good, music was fun and company was great, we had a fun time.
{day one}  family night at Taco Amigo with fresh strawberry shakes, yum.

1 comment:

minerfam said...

What fun pix! I love strawberry days!! I sadly left my camera home, so thanks for letting me live vicariously thorough yours!! :)

-DanaLee