Friday, March 5, 2010

kindergarten update

I just got back from Parent Teacher Conference for Zaners and he is doing well! We had been slacking on the homework during our move and I could tell he was not as interested when he comes home and his work sheet has a circle around his problems and a lock on it (drawn on) and a full army battle drawn on the back. "What, really into it uh Zane" So I asked him and he was saving them for home... he had much more important things to get done.
His teacher said that
"Zane is cool, and if I make the worksheet or problem cool and/or awesome he is totally excited and he knows it and does it quick!"
"I love his hats, and the other boys in the class have started to where hats and will come in and be like hey Zane check it out, wearing a hat today"
"He is so fun with all the kids, they want to play with him because they could be sitting there just playing with blocks and and Zane will be like how about we build rockets ships and we blast them off into......." "he is much more exciting to play with"
the best comment of all
"Zane is the most creative kid! He can turn the number 8 into a well thought out story of having a head and it can open and he has these powers that... on and on.... from the number 8, What he is so awesome with his creativity."
Over all his report card was filled with good marks and I am so proud of him! He actually really believes he is the smartest kid in the world.

No comments: