Wow, I cannot believe we have a child in kindergarten. His 1st week went really well, he started on Monday. I was so excited and happy for him to start school this year. At the end of the school year we told him how he was going into kindergarten and that he would be going to school everyday. His response was "oooh, I don't want to go to school everyday!" Now that he has had time to ponder that over the summer, he has been really excited to go each day.

For his first day of school, I left a clue for him as he woke up to follow the clues as he gets ready for school, eat breakfast, brush your teeth.... until he found his school bag where he found a note and a new hat to where to school. He was so excited about it! He told me the next night as he was going to bed "Mom, make sure you put up those clues again, because when you do that it makes me a gooder student" maybe I should so he can become a better student, instead of gooder.

Off to school...no that is not 2nd grade, just peace!

We left this giant candy filled pencil for him when he came home, he again was pretty excited and asked everyday this week if I would please refill it with candy for when he gets home. What a cutie, I just love him! He loved his first day of school! He was really excited and energetic when I picked him up, he was excited that they had the same toys to play with like in his old classroom. I asked if he had any of his friends from last year in his class and he told me "yes, and there is 3 girls and 1000 boys in my class." There is actually only 10 kids in his class, which I was excited about.
1 comment:
You are such a cute mom! Those were great ideas to make back to school exciting!
Post a Comment